Monday, August 5, 2013

These Kids Are Blowing my Mind!

Today each student came back from their weekend at home with cameras.  Just as I expected, all cameras were perfectly in tact as were the batteries and chargers.  I set up a little makeshift office and sat with the children one on one while they told me about each of their photographs.  Some kids only took about 30 pictures, others took over 100.  They are certainly coming out of their shells and got very excited when discussing their images.  I saw pets (Shoo Shoo, Carly and Gato, just to name a few) as well as families, parties, lakes, pyramids and volcanoes!  These kids really went above and beyond and they have honestly stolen my heart.  I am so impressed by their kindness and their work ethic!  I left feeling so overwhelmed with happiness today and that type of fulfillment is irreplaceable. 

Lisbeth is Viri's little sister and my youngest student at 8 years old.  She might just be the cutest, too, and she looks just like her mama!
Photo by Viri, age 11
Photo by Gladys, age 13
Daniel was initially very shy but is becoming more outgoing each day.  He goes to a different school than the rest of the children but he gets along with everyone very well.  We laughed a lot while editing his pictures.
These are Daniel's uncle's cacti.  Great image!
My happy place :)



No comments:

Post a Comment