Thursday, August 1, 2013

My First Days Teaching in Mexico

I am working with students at Museo Imagina in Puebla.  My supplies were tied up in customs in Mexico City for a few days, so I had to wing it!  Yesterday we made life sized self portraits:



Today, my box of printmaking supplies and cameras arrived right as my interns and I were running out the door!  Tomorrow we will start taking pictures, but today we continued to use our imaginations.  

I asked all of the kids to think of an alter ego.  Uriel's alter ego was an ITALIAN PLUMBER!  I almost peed in my pants laughing and applauding his creativity.

Lisbeth's alter ego was Selena Gomez!


We all shared our alter egos and the stories we wrote about them.  The kids were cracking up and so was I.  I am very impressed by their work ethic.  The students were engaged for 2 hours!



1 comment:

  1. I LOVE the self portraits!!! What a great idea. I love how they did the alter egos too... only children have the courage to think that way. Thanks for sending the link... I look forward to more posts!

    ReplyDelete